16 March 2009

My kind of town

I love Chicago. The tall buildings, all the people, the general hustle and bustle. The city itself is like a living and breathing organism. People constantly coming and going. Everyone has their own agenda. I love the sound of cars and horns honking down below as I lie in bed in our swanky hotel room at the allerton.

The boy toy and I spent the weekend in Chicago. The reason for the trip was to see the field museum of natural history and then go to the south side Irish parade the next day. The pirate exhibit at the museum was sold out and we were pretty bummed. We walked around and saw a temporary Aztec exhibit and some ancient egyption stuff, but we got pretty bored and left early. There were also hundreds of kids there, rude and annoying kids, that we wanted to get away from pronto. We ended up taking advantage of the beautiful weather and walk the 2.5 miles from the museum to the hotel.

We window shopped, ate sushi and enjoyed some cocktails. There is so much to do in Chicago and we went home pretty early. We were both so tired! We were thinking that we would have an early wake up call to go to the parade the next day but we were wrong. My friend, Peanut, whom we were supposed to meet at the parade, had a minor mishap the nght before and gave herself a goose egg on her head. Needless to say she didn't make it to the parade. Boy toy and I decided to walk around and just enjoy the nice day.

We tried out my wii fit last night. I was very disappointed when I set up my wii mii and it turned out to be very chubby. I k ow I'm not as thin as I used to be but come on. I don't need some cartoon likeness mocking me! Anyway, wii fit is totally dun and has a little something for everyone. I'm definitely looking forward to unlocking new excercises and games.

This entry is pretty lame, I know. It's also the first entry that i've done using a new app on my iPhone. So of this is full of spelling and grammatical errors (one of my pet peeved) I do apologize. I have been staying with my gram and she doesntbhave Internet so I have to make due with what I have!

Hopefully there will be more exciting things to come...

2 comments:

  1. i get so excited whenever i see a post from you, and i was wondering what was up with all the spelling, but it makes sense now, so i wont judge you too harshly :o)

    i'm glad you had a good weekend, and we do need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete