03 May 2009

Digging myself out

I have been in a rut. A deep one. On this beautiful, sunny Sunday morning, I have decided it's time to dig myself out.

For the past two months I have been really unsure of myself. I don't know why. And thats frustrating. Today is the sixth day I have been held captive like by the flu. I was tested for swine flu on Tuesday. They had to do a culture through my nose and I haven't been able to blow my nose since. I am too week to really do anything yet. I ventures out to store yesterday for a very short time and got dizzy and had to come home. I hate the feelin of being trapped by my own body.

Anyway, all this downtime has given me a lot of time to think. I have set some goals for myself that I want to accomplish by the end of the summer (say July 31st).

- update my resume and portfolio. I have been saying that I want to give them a make over for months and jus haven't made the time to make it happen. Not anymore.

-relearn web design. Not knowing web restricts me from
advancing in my career. I have been puttin it off bc I didn't want to spend the time or money, I'm not making excuses anymore.

-lose 20-30 lbs. This may sound unrealistic to some, but it is not in my case and is totally necessary. I am going on 6 years of being overweight and it's going to end. I'm in my 20's. I should be in the best shape of my life...and hopefully I will be by August.

- move into an apartment in Chicago. I have wanted to live downtown since I was in high school but have been to scared to make the move. Once my gram moves into her condo, hopefully by the end of the month, I am moving to the greatest city in the US. I'm starting to look tomorrow. Any suggestions, I'm all ears.

These are just a few of the big ones. I also want to learn how to paint and to take dance classes again, but I think the otherthigs are more important to me at this time. I also want to make daily posts to my blog, but not having Internet really hinders my ability. Posting from my phone is such a pain in the ass.

I refuse to be unhappy anymore. Ive never settled for anything less than I wanted before, so why am I now? Time to take control. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck.

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. go stef! kick some butt!

    i hope you're feeling better soon :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre so ambitious! way to go homie.

    ReplyDelete