21 February 2009

4 inches above the rest


the suggestion for my "blog description" was given to me by one of my coworkers whom i love dearly, let's call her muffin [long story, she calls me cookay].  "because my 4 inch stilettos are killing me" suits me because i wear 4 inchers to work almost everyday.  i love these shoes: 4 inch, black, patent leather mary janes from aldo. i think these shoes were made for someone who just wants to look pretty or for someone who has a desk job.  i am all over at work: up and down stairs, back and forth from the printer, on and off the boat.  the balls of my feet are killing me at the end of the day, but i really don't care.  i wear them anyway. and i look fabulous. 

it is safe to say that i have a shoe obsession.  i can walk away from the mall with a pair of shoes each time i go.  during these hard times, i try to restrain myself and it works...sometimes.  i would love to have a closet, just for shoes, full of manolo blahnik, jimmy choo and christian louboutin. i admire their beauty and craftsmanship....at least, that is what i tell myself to rationalize the price tag.  i blame sex and the city for introducing me to these high-priced wonders.  i didn't know who these designers were before i watched the series.  in my mind, having these shoes is a status symbol. i know that if i can buy a pair of these shoes without holding my breath while estimating the balance of my checking account as i hand over my credit card, i have made it.  we'll see how that pans out.

why do women wear high heels? so high that our ankles shake and we risk teetering over? do they really make our butts look better? i like to listen to the heels 'click' on hard floors, a sound that i always loved as a child.  i like 'strutting' in my 4 inch heels, like a supermodel on a runway.  i'm not nearly as graceful.  my ankle usually gives way and i stumble, making me look less than glamorous.  

what is interesting to me is the fact that i absolutely detest feet, but love shoes.  it turns my stomach when bare feet are near me, even if they are clean enough to eat off of [puke, no way]. my own feet don't bother me, i LOVE to be barefoot. other people's feet make me uneasy.  when trying on shoes, i sometimes think about the pair of feet that were in the shoes before me. did they shower today? were their feet sweaty? were they wearing the thin little footie that the sales people give you? [as if that really prevents any nastiness from spreading onto the shoe] You might find yourself thinking about these questions the next time you try on a pair...and i don't blame you.

my favorite pairs:
1. the fore mentioned mary janes
2. black, peep toe, italian leather 3 inchers
3. tan uggs....so ugly, but so,so comfty
4. multi-color plaid chuck's
5. puma flip flops

think i'm crazy? try to walk a mile in my heels

3 comments:

  1. Haha you definitely are crazy when it comes to shoes. You forgot to mention that you will even wear 4 inchers in the freezing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder who got to try on those uggs after i did i in vegas. haha, lucky, lucky person :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who's not too steady on their feet (hence falling in an elevator) it's amazing you wear the heels you do. I do not want to even think of what my feet would feel like after wearing the 4 inchers that you do. Though I do agree, feet are just ugly. It's like hands ugly sister feet.

    ReplyDelete