26 February 2009

the cats' meow



Sometimes we call Casey "Butter" because he is the color of butterscotch and he is a sweetheart. Casey is a total lap cat.  As soon as you sit down he will look up at you with those doe eyes, silently pleading with you to let him hop up on your lap to cuddle.  Once he finds his comfy place he will "make muffins" on the flabbiest part of your mid section, purring loudly all along.  Give him 2 minutes and he is a passed out, sack of potatoes on your lap.  He also likes to lay on your chest when you are lying in bed.  Casey is 13 lbs. so he is no waif. He will knead and knead and knead your chest. He will then, almost always, drool onto your face/hand/blanket. It's gross, but you know he is just so happy so you don' really care. He is such a lover.

Puma's nickname is "Shadow" because he is constantly under your feet.  When I get up in the morning, I almost always fall flat on my face because I trip over Puma from my room to the bathroom and back again.  And he does his fake, little squeak meow on top of it. [it's so pathetic and precious at the same time, i love it] He has now demanded that he come in the bathroom with me when I get ready in the morning.  He will sit on the shower mat while I am in the shower and then weave in and out of my legs for about 5 minutes when I get out.  If you have food, forget about it.  He will have his little face or paw in your plate/bowl/cup before you know it.  He will eat almost anything too.  Turkey is his absolute favorite.  He jumps about two feet in the air as soon as you pull the package out of the refrigerator. Puma doesn't really like to be held.  He will play along for about 30 seconds, but then he will start squirming and clawing to get away from you. I think it's all a show. I bet he secretly loves it.  He will lie within an arm's distance and to him that's close enough.  He looooooves to stretch out like a hot dog and have you rub his belly [see below]. Puma is the most loyal animal I have ever had and he loves his momma :)


1 comment:

  1. oh my freaking god i love your kitties! i want to come meet them! that first picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete