16 April 2009

I feel out of place

As I write, I am in a meeting at work. It's a weekly meeting that I normally do not attend. Today I'm simply filling in bc my boss is out of town. Today, I shouldn't be in this meeting. I'm a lowly, hourly employee. A peon. The other people in attendance are our company's VP's and managers.

I feel out of place.

We are in a conference call that is dealing with a subject matter that is out of my league. It's about something I really don't even need to know about. I get the feeling that I shouldn't be here.

I feel awkward!

Do I sit and pretend to pay attention? Or do I bolt for the door? Of course I sat on the far side of the room, the very farthest seat from the door, when every other time I attend I sit right by the door so I can get the hell out of there asap.

I think I'm going to make a break for it...

If I survive, I have a margaritas and movie date with m.e. tonight that I couldn't be more excited for!


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. oh man, i know what you mean about feeling out of place and awkward. usually during those meetings i just sit and daydream. sometimes people call me out on it, but most times i'm sure people are wondering why the heck i'm even there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo margaritas yum. I'm want a margarita.

    ReplyDelete