18 April 2009

It's beginning to look at like like...spring time?


I love nice weather. It doesn't even have to be that warm or sun shiney. Just nice. I'm sitting on a bench waiting for a train to take me to the glorious city of Chicago. I am at least 20 min early, of course (in the words of our wise ol' band director: if you are on time, you're late!). As I sit, I have time to appreciate what a beautiful day it is.

My phone is telling me it's 72 degrees. It's breezy and overcast, but still beautiful. I can hear birds chirp and sing with their friends, hear my hair gently rustle as a cool breeze passes through my curls. Opera music is being carried on that same breeze from a near by open apartment window. A fine soundtrack to this beautiful afternoon. I can also smell the sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass. Someone must have been doing yard work today.

This is the first day this season that I have been able to wear a short sleeves shirt without a jacket AND flip flops at the same time. My toes are relishing in the breezy freedom the flips provide.

It most certainly looks like rain, but it will be a spring rain instead of a winter one. The air probably won't cool to less than 60 degrees which means the rain will not freeze over night. Definitely a sign of summer.

However, I am not completely optimistic, I never am. I have a jacket tucked under the arm of my overnight bag. One can only hope for many mor of these beautiful days in the upcoming months.



-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment: